The New 4-Color Screen Printing Kit takes your screen printing to the next level. This kit comes equipped with everything you need to screen print up to 4 colors at once!
Here's what's included:
⭑ 4-Color Screen Printing Press designed by Riley Hopkins® (360° swivel base, load up to 4 screens at once, special platen with neck extension, spring shock system, powder-coated black & neon green, screen registration knobs, warranty)
⭑ 4 Screens 16”x20” Framed Pre-stretched 156 Mesh
⭑ 4 Screen Printing Squeegees
⭑ 4 pints of ink:
⭑ Pint of Pitch BlackWater-Based Screen Printing Eco Ink
⭑ Pint of Neptune BlueWater-Based Screen Printing Ink
⭑ Pint of Mars RedWater-Based Screen Printing Eco Ink
⭑ Pint of Comet White Plastisol Screen Printing Ink (a thicker screen printingink)
• UV Exposure Lightbulb (fits any light fixture)
• Pro Emulsion Scoop Coater (used to coat your screen with emulsion)
• Yellow Dark Room Lightbulb(fits any light fixture)
• Light-Sensitive Emulsion (used to expose your artwork on to your screen)
• Eco Screen Grease Remover (removes excess ink stains & oils off of your screen)
• Eco Emulsion Remover (used to clean emulsion off of your screen)
• Platen Adhesive(used to help adhere t-shirts & apparel to your platen)
• Heavy Duty Clean-up Scrub Pads Reusable (great for scrubbing off ink & emulsion)
• Art Film Transparencies8.5” x 11” Premium 10-Pack (used for printing-out your art or hand draw directly on to)
• Roll of Screen Tape (for taping any areas on your screen where you don't want ink to print through)
• Heavy Duty Clean-up Cards Reusable5-pack (great for scraping ink off screen)
• Clean-Up Gloves 4-pack (incase you don't want to get ink on your hands)
• Parchment Paper 32-pack 8 x 12" (an optional way to dry inks on fabric, place over print and use an iron)
video note: exposure light seen in the GIG Poster video has since been replaced to a better, streamlined UV exposure light bulb
For more information about our screen printing inks, checkout the video above!
In addition to water-based ink, plastisol ink is now included in the Shop Kit and our New 4-Color Kit. The video above provides more information on the difference between the two inks.
Our inks are great for printing on a variety of substrates including: t-shirts, apparel/fabrics, canvas, paper, wood, glass, plexi, metal and more! Also, feel free to experiment with screen printing on anything you can think of, just remember that if it can lay flat, then it's likely that it can be screen printed!
Tips for drying/curing inks:
T-Shirts & Fabrics:
Easy Dry method: after the top layer of the ink is dry to the touch, put your printed t-shirts and/or fabrics in a dryer for 30-45 minutes on high heat. Parchment paper (included in your kit): heat up an iron, then place the parchment paper over your screen print, then simply turn your t-shirt inside out and iron the backside of the print. Slow Dry the air dry method: hang tees using a clothesline (inside or outside) let dry for a few hours. Speed Dry hair dryer method: use a hair dryer or heat gun and rapidly move over the print to cure the ink - we also highly suggest putting your t-shirts in the dryer after 45min on high heat.
Paper or Wood:
Screen printing paper: simply print paper & let air dry, the ink should dry to the touch in minutes.
If screen printing wood, after the ink dries we recommend putting a clear sealer (polyurethane works great!) over the print, especially if it will be living outdoors.